Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting

by - April 12, 2018


I think I have a new favorite frosting and its name is PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM! Oh man....I did not expect this frosting to turn out so good! I used the leftover frosting to dip pretzels, so good!

I used a basic chocolate cake recipe -- seriously, I used the chocolate recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. It is a really runny batter and makes you think that it won't turn out very well, but it does. It is light but moist and not too dense or rich (which was perfect for the rich peanut butter frosting). 

For the chocolate ganache I used semisweet chocolate and heavy cream, using the method from Chelsweets. It was much easier than I thought it would be, and I'm excited to do it again.

All-in-all, one of the best cakes I've made, and I can't stop eating it.

You May Also Like

0 comments