Pretzel Caramel Chocolate Cake

by - April 29, 2018


This AMAZING cake was inspired by two cakes from Cake by Courtney, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Here's the run down.

6 inch 3 layer cake. (28 min baking time)
Cake Flavor: Chocolate (I used normal cocoa)
Frosting: Salted Caramel
Filling: Candied Pretzels

I made my first video with this cake and unfortunately learned that my camera times out after 20 minutes, so I was only able to show the crumb coat. Oh well. You live and you learn.




Here's what I learned with this cake:


  1. Always make sure your camera is rolling when you think it is. 
  2. To avoid a somewhat top heavy hour glass shape cake, try decorating in the middle rather than the outside when you have large decor.
  3. Always make sure the parchment rounds you have cut out are in your baking pan BEFORE you pour your batter. (lol)
  4. Be patient with your caramel sauce--eventually you will get there.
  5. Use a lid with your caramel sauce to help prevent crystallization if you don't have a pastry brush. 
  6. Wipe your knife after each cut of the cake, especially if it is chocolate.
I was really happy with how this cake turned out, and I will definitely make it again.

You May Also Like

0 comments